Israelite House of David - Communal Living Quarters
"We had meetings three or four times a week with music, singing and
preaching. This was a wonderful time in Israel." Estelle Hornbeck memoirs
Starting in 1904 colony members began building communal living quarters on land purchased along the north side of Britain Avenue in Benton Harbor. This area had for decades been the location of numerous resorts that catered to a primarily Jewish clientele from Chicago.
Back to Musical Traditions Page