Israelite House of David - The Stage with Vaudeville Acts & Band Stand
There is a dance floor immediately in front of the stage. This is during the summer months before we put up a roof. We had dancing every night with vaudeville in the afternoons and evenings. The acts came from Chicago usually two in number and mostly family entertainment. The waiters served refreshments during the time the Garden was open. The week went something like this:
- Monday and Tuesday were small crowds
- Wednesday was amateur night usually a larger than average crowd
- Thursday was resort night when our local resorts brought their guests
- Friday was polka or square dancing night
- Saturday was sometimes very large
- Sunday afternoon could be heavy with people especially when the boats from Chicago were running.
Manna Woodworth was leader of the band while Chic Bell was the master of ceremonies on Wednesday.
Back to Amusement Park Page