Israelite House of David - Opening Day - July 1908
This is how Eden Springs Park looked like on opening day in July 1908. The official opening of the park was in August of that year. This photo is similar to one captioned in a newspaper article of the time as on the park's opening day. It was probably taken on that same day. In this photo the tracks in the foreground are not angled further to the right as in the early “D” track configuration. The track in this image probably shows the southern end of the earliest track layout. This point to point track ran north from the Archway building crossing Britain Ave as shown in photos #17 & #18. It then ran under the 1906 Arch between the Bethlehem and Jerusalem residential buildings and then continued to (or through) the arch on the east side of the original ice cream parlor further north. This layout was short lived because it was not practical for moving people to and from the park.
Back to Miniature Trains Page