Home  |  Gabriel's Message  |  Reading Material  |  Contact  |  Amusement Park  |  Trains  |  Music  |  Photo Galleries


 

 

Israelite House of David - The "Archway"

         

The first building built in Eden Springs Park 1907 by the Israelite House of David was the ''Archway'' or just ''Arch''. This building was the original entrance to the park. When first built, a wide arch went right through the middle of this building providing a physical entrance to the park. This passageway was walled up in later years. The view pictured here is the ''grand avenue'' from Britain Ave. to the Archway and Eden Springs Park. This promenade would have been a long walk on a hot summer day if you didn't want to purchase a 10-cent ticket to ride the miniature train. The Archway was at the southern end of a line that ran along this grand avenue north bisecting the arch between the Bethlehem and Jerusalem residential buildings on the north side of Britain Ave. and continuing north to an arch built on the east side of the original ice cream parlor. This early parlor was used to entertain visitors before the opening of the Eden Springs Park in 1908.

The first building built in Eden Springs Park 1907 by the Israelite House of David was the "Archway" or just "Arch". This building was the original entrance to the park. When first built, a wide arch went right through the middle of this building providing a physical entrance to the park. This passageway was walled up in later years. The view pictured here is the "grand avenue" from Britain Ave. to the Archway and Eden Springs Park. This promenade would have been a long walk on a hot summer day if you didn't want to purchase a 10-cent ticket to ride the miniature train. The Archway was at the southern end of a line that ran along this grand avenue north bisecting the arch between the Bethlehem and Jerusalem residential buildings on the north side of Britain Ave. and continuing north to an arch built on the east side of the original ice cream parlor. This early parlor was used to entertain visitors before the opening of the Eden Springs Park in 1908.

Back to Miniature Trains Page

 

 



Home  |  Gabriel's Message  |  Reading Material  |  Contact  |  Amusement Park  |  Trains  |  Music  |  Photo Galleries

 

 

Israelite House of David
Post Office Box 1067 • Benton Harbor, Michigan 49023-1067
Sitemap:
http://www.israelitehouseofdavid.com/sitemap.xml

 

 

© 2001-2017
Israelite House of David
All rights reserved.

From Accommodations to Yacht Clubs :: The Southwest Michigan Directory

Design & Hosting
Lighthouse Colorprint
(269) 428-7062