Israelite House of David - Eastman Springs Bathhouse
The House of David purchased a parcel of property from Eastman Springs in 1907 on the south side of Britain Ave. for the purpose of opening a resort. Eastman Springs had been a health spa resort for many years before the turn of the century. Eastman Springs featured health springs from which water was used for drinking and bathing. The portion of Eastman Springs purchased by the House of David did not include the main Eastman Springs resort facilities to the east on Britain Ave. These facilities continued in business for several years after the House of David opened Eden Springs next door. This image is of the Eastman Springs bathhouse from about 1908. To the left of the bathhouse can be seen one of the early Britain Ave. streetcars of the period. This streetcar bears a striking resemblance to the passenger cars built at the colony for the miniature trains at about this time.
Back to Miniature Trains Page